New Health & Safety Procedures.
Due to the fact that people can have COVID 19 and show NO symptoms, we have the following health and safety measures in place here at Meadows Montessori School. We also ask that as you and your family are out and about, you are taking precautions, such as wearing a mask, sanitizing hands and not interacting with people outside your immediate home without these precautions. We are hoping these measures will help avoid bringing the COVID 19 virus into the school. It should also help with the spreading of other illnesses as well.
- Drop off: Please ring door bell. One team member will meet child at door, make sure he/she has a clean mask on, take temp (if over 99 there’s a chance of infection and if over 100, they can’t come in), check for other signs of illness (esp. cough, snotty nose and/or pain), parent can sanitize child’s hands, Lysol shoes and make sure no outside items are brought in (such as toys, stuffed animals, etc.)
- Diaper bags should remain at school or not brought in at all. Supplies can be replenished daily by parents bringing in diapers, food, wipes etc. as needed.
- All outside items should be sanitized. All containers must all be wiped down with disinfectant.
- If a blanket, pacifier or other lovey is essential, it should be disinfected with Lysol or bleach as soon as it enters the classroom. Lunch boxes and items inside will need to be wiped down with disinfecting wipes.
- Staff members: Before entry into work, put on mask.
- Use hand sanitizer, located inside front door.
- Change out shoes at front door or Lysol to disinfect.
- Sign in.
- Once in classroom, wash hands.
- Circulate air in the classroom with outside air or use a fan to pull inside air to the outside.
- In classroom, have small tables set up with only one chair and larger tables with 2 or 3 chairs to space kids out. Kids should stay at least 6 feet apart if possible, especially at nap.
- Kids will remain in the same classroom all day unless the play room is completely disinfected between uses.
- Have only a few items out for children to use at a time. Close access to shelves or store items up high.
- Clean items after every use or place in a ‘yuck bin’ to clean later.
- Each child should have own writing utensils (crayons, markers, paints & brushes by creating a box of supplies for each child) that should be cleaned after use.
- Clean door knobs, sink, gate and toilet handles regularly.
- Supervise/assist children as they wash hands to ensure proper washing.
- We will use paper plates.
- For bottles/sippy cups and toddler food that comes in, wipe down containers with a disinfectant wipe.
- PICK UP PROCEDURE: Parent/Guardian will ring doorbell and wait outside. A staff member will bring child to the front for dismissal. If we are on the playground, we will unlock the gate and your child may leave from there.
- If we find out of a possible exposure, we will send out an immediate announcement to families. We ask that you do the same if you suspect you or a family member may have been exposed.
- CVS conducts a Rapid Response test which takes about 30 minutes to get results after a nasal swab. Here is the link to get an appointment:
Montessori 2020-2021 Calendar
Caitlin Johnson reviewed Meadows Montessori School —
Childcare subsidy programs for our Military & Low Income Families
Military Families, contact Child Care Aware for more information: https://usa.childcareaware.org/fee-assistancerespite/military-families/
Low Income Families, contact CAPS: https://caps.decal.ga.gov/en/
The CAPS program supports early education goals by assisting low income families with the cost of child care while they work, go to school or training, or participate in other work-related activities.
We are now using Brightwheel!
The Brightwheel parent-teacher communication app allows for the following:
At Meadows Montessori School, we have certified, loving teachers dedicated to ensuring the highest quality care and education based on Montessori principles.
A prepared environment is created in all rooms which nurture a child’s mind, body & spirit and builds confidence in their physical, emotional, social and intellectual chiefessays.net abilities. We strive to lay a foundation for the development of future men and women who possess an intrinsic, life-long love for knowledge as open minded, independent thinkers, able to fulfill their creative potential and positively contribute to their community with an appreciation of human diversity and compassion towards others.
Learning is a journey! Begin that journey with us.
You're not the only one happy
about our services!
A good school can change your child's life.
Our goal is to develop loving, compassionate, independent thinkers whom embrace learning and caring for one another.